Friday, December 7, 2012

Hostess gift

I have a couple of days off and I need a hostess gift for a friend I will be visiting tomorrow.
I thought perhaps I could bake something, but she is an amazing cook/baker and she will be cooking for my friend and I....so what to do???

I decided to whip up an apron using some lightweight denim I have an abundance of and I chose a printed fabric to make bias binding for the edges of the pockets.

Just thought I would pop in and share what I am up to....

Hope you have a happy weekend!
<3

8 comments:

  1. Hi deanna,

    Thank you. I am listening to Frank Sinatra Christmas songs....more my speed right now. I am over
    hearing all the hippity hoppy new songs ; )
    Happy holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I made an apron for a gift this week, too! My mother used to jokingly call them "tacky homemades" but we all knew tht they were the best gifts! (: Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gina,

      Ha Ha!
      I have a favorite "go to" pattern that is easy to do, just takes a little time to throw together.
      Since my friend is a baker and is in the kitchen a lot I wanted to make something useful for her.
      I am going to put a Yankee Holiday candle in with it...love those candles!
      Happy weekend to you too! :) xo

      Delete
  3. Well.... your hostess will be thrilled when she gets that sweet apron! The perfect gift, and just darling!

    xo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dulcy,
      I like useful things and I can imagine her baking and wiping her hands on it lol!
      I will post a picture of the completed apron after she opens it. Thank you.
      xo

      Delete
  4. Love the denim apron and colorful trimming! A great gift for a great cook!
    Love your velvet stitching, too...finally catching up on my favorite blog visits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mary...don't see how you do it all! So much crafty loveliness you create!
    Tell me your secret :)
    xo <3

    ReplyDelete