Monday, December 12, 2011

it's all about red





I decided to go through my stash and find different shades/prints of red. I wanted more of a solid feel but with slight texture. So the various little patterns give that textured feel. This is the start of something I am creating for a gift. : )




I cut out the squares very random with no thought of perfection. I quickly stitched them on the machine and I will begin adding some hand stitching.





A new found book that I plan on reading. Frida has always fascinated me. She took her tragedy and  made it into art. She was complex and simple. She struggled with life, as we all do. I think that is why I am drawn to her....


note: the movie version with Selma Hayek was really well done.






This book looked intriguing...I'll let you know once I read it. 

4 comments:

  1. Marie, I love the red patchwork and hope you show how it evolves. It matches the background of the Frida book, is that a clue? I loved the movie and think enough time has gone by, I could see it again -- one good thing about forgetting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see that movie! It's already out? You can tell I am a bit behind...love the red, btw. My favorite color - very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi woman with wings,

    I will definitely show the red patchwork,
    It is going to become something else... : )

    Ha Ha! I agree that is the good thing about forgetting things. I just
    watched Forest Gump again and it was far better then I remember it being.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gina,

    You can definitely rent the movie. It is worth watching. Selma did a fabulous job of portraying Frida.
    I love red too! It is a happy color : )

    ReplyDelete