Sunday, February 17, 2013

Haberdashery, hearts and Mingles




Remember this?  Well, I finally hung it up so I would be reminded on a regular basis to finish it!
I really do not have all that much more stitching to do on it. I just need to allocate a little time to finish it.
So that was step 1 today. Step 2  I pulled out a few treasures...





Buttons, from the Mollie Makes Magazine. I love that they always give you a little "gift" of something crafty and wonderful with each issue. (These buttons came with the previous issue.)





If you are like me you have heard the word "haberdashery" before and know it has something to do with a shop, but what else?????

as per wikipedia:
A haberdasher is a person who sells small articles for sewing, such as buttons, ribbons, zippers, and other notions. 




I am stitching hearts, and beading them....



The most fun find of all!!!!!
I am using my new...

"Mingles!"

by Sublime Stitching


and lastly,


I could not resist taking a picture of my daughter sleeping with our cat Mittens...
They both are little snuggly sweeties.
Have a great week!
xo

2 comments:

  1. That floss looks interesting!
    Must check that out lol
    Such pretty little hearts and your daughter is obv a pretty young woman and looking so sweet, snuggled together with Mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liniecat,

    Oh the floss is a lot of fun to work with! I have actually blended my own floss before, but Sublime Stitching was so clever because they made the 2 colors such a contrast that you can actually see the difference in the thread as you stitch.
    From the moment she was born she was such a snuggly thing and she loves to cuddle up with the cat.

    p.s. the cat is a snuggly cat too! lol!
    p.s.s. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete