Friday, September 30, 2011

Wisdom Keepers



I finished reading this book. There were so many good stories. One phrase in the book that stood out for me was that when this particular Native American prayed, unlike others who pray and have a long list of wants; the Native American prayer is simply, "Thank you Great Spirit/God for all you have given."
No list of wants, just thank you.   Although, I am not full blooded Native American my Grandfather's mother was. She was Cheyenne. When you look at my Grandfather's picture there is no mistake that he is Native American. So, when I read stories about this culture they resonate with my spirit...a knowing deep inside. I do not claim to be anything other than a "being" searching for truth in this world.



Another book I finished reading this week was:



Lynns books are always "timeless" teachings.

<3


6 comments:

  1. Thank you, I'll have to check these books out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,

    I like books that capture my attention, and also allow me to read them rather quickly. As with all books certain things "stood" out for me and were meaningful. I hope you will enjoy them too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they both look wonderful! We spent a lot of time hiking in the Grand Canyon and visiting ancient dwellings. There was such a strong spiritual feeling there that I have felt no where else. Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only driven by the Grand Canyon...Sad I was that close but did not have the time to stop.My children were very small 2,3, and age 4 at that time. Probably would not have been appreciated by them at that point.
    The ancient dwellings must be fascinating...
    Have you been to Santa Fe and that area?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These books look like a good book to read now that the weather is starting to get cooler. It seems that it would be grounding in the earth and what resonates in the cycles of the year.

    Glad you are able to have some reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cosmic Arcata,

    They were just what I needed to read. I always enjoy Lynn's books.
    Just finished another book...will share.
    <3

    ReplyDelete