Monday, November 28, 2011

Comfort


Today was all about "comfort"....I made my homemade pumpkin soup...Nothing says warmth and comfort like a bowl of soup...mmmm.


This is my homemade recipe:


~fresh pumpkin cooked and pureed~ready to put in a soup.
or I used ~1 can of pumpkin puree
~1 fresh onion
~enough olive oil to saute' onion
~ approx 2 cups chicken broth or vege broth (I used chicken broth)
~ approx 1 cup cream (I used half and half)
~salt
~pepper
~curry or cumin
~tamari pepitos (pumpkin seed)
~smoked gouda cheese

~saute` onions in olive oil until they become clear. Add spices to the onion. Add pumpkin  puree` and chicken broth. Stir on low heat until hot. Add cream and stir. Remove from heat and garnish with  shredded smoked gouda cheese and pepitos or your favorite topping.



This came in the mail a few days ago and is such a comfort.
2 beautiful handmade quilts from a dear friend. They are made from scraps of recycled denim and have hearts (my favorite) in some of the squares. 
                                   Thank you <3

8 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love soup - this sound divine...FYI...l found Bunni on FB. remember her? The LA friends I made are still in my heart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I do remember Bunni ! I agree. I think of Karen Nahas a lot. ( don't know her new name any more), do you?

    What about the twins and their sister Annie?

    I love soup too! I actually made chicken soup and cornbread for dinner too!
    It was a cooking kinda day because I was off. : )
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Do you remember Jaska?
    and what about Beth?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my all time favorite soup! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I little different from mine so I will try it - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never made pumpkin soup before. Sounds delicious, I will also have to give it a try.

    You look beautiful Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, I have one pretty big pie pumpkin on the kitchen counter and have been wondering what to make with it! Your recipe sounds fabulous. I'm making it this weekend. Thanks! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...let me know what you think???

    I love everything about pumpkin from the color to the taste.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cosmic Arcata,

    I am surprised you have not made pumpkin soup??? You are always in that kitchen cooking up some delightful vegetarian dish! : )

    awwww (I am blushing) Thank you for your compliment <3

    ReplyDelete