Monday, March 7, 2011

Hope

This is a repeat post from one of my old blogs. I just love this poem and wanted to share it.




Hope is a thing with feathers….
by Emily Dickinson
Hope is a thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
and sings a tune without words
and never stops at all.
And sweetest, in the gate, is heard
and sore must be the storm
that could abash the little bird
that keeps so many warm.
I’ve heard it in the chilliest land
and on the strangest sea.
Yet, never, in extremity
it ask a crumb of me.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this whole poem by E. Dickinson. I only knew the first strophe. This is beautiful indeed and I love the last words..." never, in extremity it ask a crumb of me..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this poem and I would have to say it is my favorite!
    I searched and searched for it and finally found it and decided to post it on an old blog so I would remember where to find it. I felt it was worth a re-post on this blog.

    yes, sweet words. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice poem. And I like the heart on the branch. I've been following your blog for some time and I think it's very interesting...
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Montse llamas, I love the poem by Emily Dickson too.
    You have a lovely blog as well. I love sharing my art and blogging, just wish I had more time to focus on it...sigh! Thank you for commenting and visiting :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete