and seeds. Threw my fabric in, let it sit for a while, added a bit of salt to pull the color
out of the seeds and skin. I let the fabric sit ALL DAY. When I came home it was a lovely pinkish color.
I added a bit of white vinegar. Rinsed the fabric with cold water. Still a bit pink. Washed with soap (probably a bad idea) Still a nice bit of pink. Let dry overnight....
This is not a great photo of the fabric because it is dark this early morning....
Don't let the picture fool you. It looks pinkish but the fabric really looks a shade
more beige yellow. When I first hung it to dry it was a slight pinkish color with a few
deepened spots. But they disappeared! Obviously, I have a lot to learn. I think linen would
have worked better then Kona cotton.....
Now I am determined to learn about this process. I have read India Flint has a fabulous book.
Will have to look into that.
I found this blog that is no longer posting but thought it was interesting and worth sharing: